[Ansteorra] Upcoming Calendar Changes

Elsa elsavonschammach at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 14:02:22 PDT 2011

To continue the discussion: I liked this idea when I thought about the
calendar in the abstract. Then I looked at the calendar as it currently
stands, and the two points I hit my head against are:

1.     Not all calendar dates are created equal. I think it’s reasonable to
say that there’s an empirical reason why some dates are routinely bare and
others are overbooked.

2.     I'm not sold on the idea that there will be no mechanism to allow
events to coincide on the Kingdom calendar.  Maybe the guidelines need to be
stiffened from what they are, but on the current calendar, there already do
not seem to be conflicts within a reasonable one-day's driving distance.

For the record, I don’t arbitrarily hate the thought that the Kingdom
calendar could be rearranged and reworked again – I was around for the last
overhaul and it seems to have worked out just fine.

~Elsa
of Mooneschadowe

--

Pretend to tolerate people. That is the basis of all the parts of history
that aren't war. (Paraphrased from Cracked.com)