[Ansteorra] Defender of the Fort Sept. 16-18

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:01:02 PDT 2011

Greetings good gentles,
  In answer to many queries we have had, yes we are still holding Defender
of the Fort this coming weekend. Much thought was given to the burn bans,
recent fires etc. Our Autocrat,  HE David Saint David met with the landowner
and our Seneschal, HE Musashi no Domai, and they came to a compromise on
several things so we can still enjoy our Defender. There will be no fires of
any kind except in the kitchen area , where we will have stoves set up for
cooking , coffee etc. and 2 smoking areas are set up for our smoking
friends. One area is near the kitchen with tables and chairs, and one is in
the Swein camp where the evening party will be held. This means no candles
of any kind, except battery types,  no tiki's, no cooking, propane lanterns
or  smoking anywhere except in the designated areas already set up. We are
sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the health and well being of
our Baronial family and cousins attending the event and neighbors living
nearby are utmost in our minds at this point. We have even developed a fire
brigade for this event.
 For this event only, we are allowing people to park their cars by their
camping area so they can watch them closely while they are hot from driving.
We are asking that everyone who attends please keep an eye out for anything
they deem a potential hazard and report at once to our Autocrat. Again sorry
for any inconvenience this may cause but we felt these stringent rules were
necessary at this point. We hope to see our friends there, at this, our
first Defender of the Fort as B&B.

--
Pasquale and Giovanna
Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort