[Ansteorra] Chainmail Legal for Fencing Armor?

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Thu Sep 1 18:36:09 PDT 2011

There is no accepted standard for chain fencing torso armor in Ansteorra, and at least one kingdom has a ban on it.In steel, a mesh fine enough to pass a penetration test would be 0.045 wire, 3/16" rings, welded six in one.For an adult male of reasonable size, figure 100K rings at @ 70 lbs, 200+ man hours. David Gallowglass

Benjamin Franklin never wrote or said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Dr. Franklin was, however, a wine drinker, and he wrote--

   " We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it". --Letter to Abb� Morellet (1779)