[Ansteorra] Bryn Gwlad event thanks

Baron Phelim Gervase bb.bryngwlad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:27:31 PDT 2011

Greetings,

  We had an outstanding weekend and an event filled from beginning to end -
from Friday evening to Sunday morning. The arts, combat and equestrian skill
shown this weekend were outstanding and enjoyed by one and all. The
artisans, archers, equestrians, combatants, audiences and new peers were
able to enjoy a relaxing, albeit a tad warm, weekend by the lake in the
village of Castleton with their friends - old and new alike.

  We appreciate our steward, cooks, staff, marshals, and outgoing champions
for entertaining our guests and putting on activities that one and all we
talked to enjoyed throughout. The number and variety of activities over the
weekend truly challenged everyone which was our desire particularly for
those vying to be our champions.

  We are glad our good, albeit of questionable lineage, noble cousins from
France who came and supported us during our weekend of activities - although
we are sad that they choose to take carriage and ship home early because of
offense caused by the nature of the Baron's Men Henry the Fifth play on
Saturday night. Hopefully we can make amends in the near future so that the
unintentional slights these actors of questionable nature made entirely in
jest do not cause any long term harm.

  In addition to the awards and accolades give in court Sunday morning, we
gave word fame and largess to Lord Ronald FitzRobert for winning the English
versus French shoot - for the English of course - as well as marshaling
throughout the day to help the archery range running smoothly. Lady Katja
Spearinvitor won the A&S championship in addition to being tortured by her
Laurel who told her that there were some issues with her documentation when
we actually just needed to discuss her winning. As well, we had to give word
fame to Lady Mirabelis Genevah Zabaneh for her enjoyment and ability to
share it with us for the equestrian arts - including still showing
excitement and enthusiasm at the tavern long after feast, evening court and
the play.

  We were pleased to see all who competed this weekend either for fun or to
vie for being our champions. We know we asked a lot of those who entered not
only in the variety and intensity of what we expected in our formats, but
the resolve of character including being present Sunday morning to find out
if you were to be named our champion. We also are proud to announce our
premiere marshal champions: Archery - Mistress Kaitlyn McKenna; Equestrian -
Sir Henri le Hibou du Bois; Rapier - Lord John Drake; and Armored - Sir John
of Severn. We look forward to showcasing them as well as their defense of
ourselves and our lands.

  In the end, we can't say anything more sincere than "Thank You".

In Service,

Phelim & Myfanwy

Baron & Baroness of Bryn Gwlad

Lord & Lady of Hellsgate