[Ansteorra] Fundraising Artisan Auction at Pennsic Wars

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 13:34:51 PDT 2012

Unto the gifted artisans of the Knowne World, Greetings!

We are seeking artists from all Kingdoms to participate in a fundraising auction to benefit the Society at large. In these troubled financial times the Kingdom of the East will host an ambitious fundraiser during the Great Pennsic War. It is to be a magnificent gala and art auction featuring the most ambitious work you would be willing to donate to this worthy cause. The date and time has yet to be decided but it will definitely take place after the Pennsic arts and sciences exhibit so you will still be able to display them to the populace.

Donated items will be completed pieces only. Works in progress or promissories will not be accepted due to the large geographic area represented by the populace. Per state and Federal Law, alcohol will not be allowed to be auctioned but have no fear brewers and vintners! We will gladly accept donations of drink (and food from the cooks) to refresh the guests and lubricate their "uh" wallets. If we have too many pieces to auction in one evening, we reserve the right to put smaller pieces into a Chinese auction which will allow greater proceeds through the sale of raffle tickets.

The proceeds will be divided thusly. Each artist will declare for their own Kingdom. A record will be kept of the amount each piece sells for (or the amount earned by raffle tickets). Half of the proceeds from each piece will go to the artist's Kingdom and half will go to Society Corporate. The use of your Kingdom's portion will be decided entirely by your Majesties and their officers.

Start planning now! Attempt a work that will be renowned as being the most sought after piece of the year! This should be a great event and a wonderful chance to raise funds for our Society. Please contact us if you are interested in participating and we will send you a registry form or answer any questions you might have.
kerryl AT maine.rr DOT com

Yours in Service,
Mistress Carolyne de LaPointe and Master Julien de LaPointe