[Ansteorra] From the Western Seas list in Caid.....

Marc commander.truestar at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 13:11:31 PDT 2012

Posting on request. Please post to any lists you think appropriate.
Thank you.Illora

Unto the gifted artisans of the Knowne World, Greetings!

We are seeking artists from all Kingdoms to
participate in a fundraising auction to benefit
the Society at large. In these troubled financial
times the Kingdom of the East will host an
ambitious fundraiser during the Great Pennsic
War. It is to be a magnificent gala and art
auction featuring the most ambitious work you
would be willing to donate to this worthy cause.
The date and time has yet to be decided but it
will definitely take place after the Pennsic arts
and sciences exhibit so you will still be able to display them to the populace.

Donated items will be completed pieces only.
Works in progress or promissories will not be
accepted due to the large geographic area
represented by the populace. Per state and
Federal Law, alcohol will not be allowed to be
auctioned but have no fear brewers and vintners!
We will gladly accept donations of drink (and
food from the cooks) to refresh the guests and
lubricate their
uh
wallets. If we have too many
pieces to auction in one evening, we reserve the
right to put smaller pieces into a Chinese
auction which will allow greater proceeds through the sale of raffle tickets.

The proceeds will be divided thusly. Each artist
will declare for their own Kingdom. A record will
be kept of the amount each piece sells for (or
the amount earned by raffle tickets). Half of the
proceeds from each piece will go to the artist's
Kingdom and half will go to Society Corporate.
The use of your Kingdom's portion will be decided
entirely by your Majesties and their officers.

Start planning now! Attempt a work that will be
renowned as being the most sought after piece of
the year! This should be a great event and a
wonderful chance to raise funds for our Society.
Please contact us if you are interested in
participating and we will send you a registry
form or answer any questions you might have.

Yours in Service,
Mistress Carolyne de LaPointe and
Master Julien de LaPointe
<mailto:kerryl%40maine.rr.com>kerryl at maine.rr.com