[Ansteorra] Calontir Cardboard sailing ship

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 09:18:26 PDT 2012

You may have seen this on the lists already from the Gleann Ahbann list, but it's fun to share:
Cheers, Hillary
-------------------------
If you've been seeing posts about the Barony of Three Rivers' (St. Louis MO) cardboard boat race entry, the Esperanza, here is a link to a news report done this morning:
http://fox2now.%20com/2012/%2007/24/cardboard-%20boat-race-%20preview/
It really is a wonderful endeavor for a worthy charity.
Best regards,   Gwynneth    (Hammerhold! !)
--------------------------------------Yes, she sailed and she was beautiful!
Here is a link to Mike Martin's very large folder of pictures of her construction, launching and actual sailing in the Grand Basin. The pictures of her afloat are towards the end and are really amazing.
http://www.flickr.%20com/photos/%20hroller/sets/%207215763083121461%206/?page=4
Thank you for your interest!
Best, Gwynneth (Cyn W.)   B3R (Hammerhold! !)
-------------------------------------The Esperanza was awarded "Pride of the Regatta," as was the Viking long-boat last year. Unfortunately, due to her size and the room needed for manuvering, she was not the swiftest boat that day and therefore took no prize for the actual race.
Esperanza and the Barony, however, DID raise over $5,600 in donations for Wings of Hope!
http://www.wingsofhope-boatrace.org/index.html
As for next year, I think the planning will begin in a few months. We'll have to wait and see!
Best regards,  Gwynneth    B3R, Calontir     (Hammerhold! !!)