[Ansteorra] ISO New Insignia

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Aug 12 12:13:56 PDT 2012

OYEZ, OYEZ.  FORWARDED BY ROYAL COMMAND.

On Aug 12, 2012, at 10:40 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Okay, I know what a sparrow is, but what's a flur?
>
> A Middle English spelling of what Modern English has as "flower",
> according to the documentation that was put forward on the Ansteorran
> Letter of Intent [to register at Laurel].  Middle English Dictionary
> at
> http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/m/mec/med-idx?type=byte&byte=58670621&egdisplay=compact&egs=58681437

Please confirm to the list that your information is correct. We are
still traveling home from Pennsic and cannot reply from my email
subscribed to list on phone. :)

So yes; flur = flower

Queen Elizabeta

He that dare not grasp the thorn should never crave the Rose
- Anne Bronte