[Ansteorra] Nicknames in the SCA-starting a conversation

Bill Tait arwemakere at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:14:56 PST 2012

However, the user of a short form or nickname should be aware that it
may be considered inappropriate by many others. Particularly if the
user is assuming a level of familiarity that does not exist.

The example I have is that a young lady who many would consider a
"fringe" player (1-2 events per year) referred to her (then)
Excellency Amanda Kendal as "Mandy". In 15 years, I have never heard
ANYONE call her that. Yes, people set the lady straight.

(For reference, Viscountess Amanda Kendal was Baroness of Lions Gate
(An Tir) for 26 years, Double (then single), then Royal Peer)
http://op.antirheralds.org/index.php?who=6

William