[Ansteorra] Nicknames in the SCA-starting a conversation

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 02:03:38 PST 2012

Then there are the instances where the nick/short-form becomes an in-joke /
familiar form identifying the era of your participation when someone first
made your acquaintance... thus saith M'Chib

As a long-time participant with a researched-but-not-QUITE-registered name
created following more or less Arabic practices, I handle this by
introducing myself the first time with the long-form, including prefixed
title, followed immediately by "And now you know why most people just call
me Amra."

Considering that there have only been two of us in Ansteorra within my
memory, makes it a little more likely they'll find the right one later on...

al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra

Adieu, Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN - Mike
kihebard at hotmail.com
Opinions?  I got some! (Curmudgeon-In-Training)