[Ansteorra] Nicknames in the SCA-starting a conversation

Uillicc uilliacc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:56:35 PST 2012

My name is a diminutive form and actually pretty easy....  Phonics
having not worked for me, and being visual anyways- I aided a little in
the mispronunciations but after having it researched and registered I've
tried to help correct that---  there is no Will spelling in early
Gaelic, and the name being adopted rather than native to the region, its
proper 16th century spelling is Uillecc Macuillicc dubh...   the dubh
meaning "black"/"dark"  is mobile and can be used in front "Black"
Uillecc,   Uillecc "The black"....  it infers that my father had at
least 2 sons and was of the mindset that George Foreman used in naming
HIS sons...  either not very creative OR very fond of his own name....

Uillecc dubh Macuillicc
(oooh-will-eeeg doo mac-oooh-will-ieec)