[Ansteorra] Nicknames in the SCA-starting a conversation (Chris Zakes)

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 16:05:36 PST 2012

If memory serves, Duke Cariadoc _coined_ the terms "Authenticity Maven" and "Fun Maven" in a TI article ca 1975.

I agree with you, Master Tivar, except where it comes to the Society Registration of Names/Armory.  Corpora encourgaes members to register authentic ones and charges the College of Arms to provide guidlines for what documentable authenticity is.  Those guidlines have changed over the years as Society access to resources increase.

By _submitting_ a name for registration, we're _asking_ for Authenticity Mavens to police because Corpora says it will be.  By _using_ a name at Events, we're not  -- It's Fun Maven time.

Tostig (Whose name is mis-pronounced by everyone but Her Grace Willow in Ansteorra)