[Ansteorra] Fw: Travel (was Re: Participation vs. Recruitment(long))

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Fri Feb 3 16:48:37 PST 2012

At 05:33 PM 2/2/2012, you wrote:

>To be fair, how many of us have a team of 8-12 people (I had a hard
>time counting them due to the nature of the sped-up video) who are
>intimately familiar with the set-up process to help it go up? My
>A-frame-ish thing goes up a lot faster than that and with fewer people
>(3 people, 20 minutes), but it doesn't have the weatherproofing or
>real-estate that a ger has. How long does it take people to erect most
>pavilions?
>
>~Eve

Our modern tent takes about a hour from laying out the ground-cloth
to being completely set up, carpet on the floor, bed assembled and
all gear unloaded (we don't just camp, we move in. <G>) Our period
pavilion? Well, we've only set it up a few times, so I don't really
know. At a guess it'd be about the same.

On the other hand, if it's just me at an event, I sleep in the back
of the van. That takes almost no setup time.

         -Tivar Moondragon