[Ansteorra] Screaming and throwing things (was:Travel (was Re: Participation vs. Recruitment (long)))

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:10:20 PST 2012

At 02:31 PM 2/1/2012, you wrote:

> > > There's always the peasant games "Frying Pan" toss.
> > >
> > > Gunthar
> > > I'm helping!
> >
> > I have already competed in the frying pan swing, ask my ex-husband! He'll
> > never do that again. Tee hee!
> >

> > Tina
>
>Mean with a skillet

Back in the dim, dark, distant past, the SCA used to have a booth and
do melees at the Texas Renaissance Festival near Houston. Typically
the melees would start out as two teams, but inevitably <G> quarrels
would break out among the survivors on the winning team, until there
was only one fighter left.

At that point, one of the ladies (ideally the smallest and
daintiest-looking) who had been working as a crowd marshal would step
onto the field brandishing a broom or a rolling pin and start beating
her "husband" about the head and shoulders for being a lazy bum, not
doing his chores, spending all his time out with the guys, etc. The
crowds loved it.

         -Tivar Moondragon