[Ansteorra] Travel (was Re: Participation vs. Recruitment(long))

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Fri Feb 3 13:47:41 PST 2012

greetings

as to that, most groups dont allow you to participate if your not a member .
should we then no longer allow participation untill people have paid their
$50.00 and purchased all period garments, and equipment ??
and contracted to fill an office for at least 2 years ???

according to the survey, the thing that motivated many people to join , was
new friends and having fun , even the $5.00 per person per event non member
surcharge ( nubie tax, low income fee ,what ever you call it ) wasnt listed
as a motivation to join .
( while it has been mentioned as a cause for not attending events )
it is motivation if your desire is to see the sca continue, with no one
stepping up to be officers, the sca would dry up and blow away quickly,
either that or change to all decisions coming out of california .....

the only definition under which i can see " fixed " as it applies to this
issue would be subtitled " castrated ". charging people more and more money
to play and recieve recognition is a slippery slope that ends with people
walking away and spreading nothing but bad images of the sca in their wake =
(  how is that good for the sca as a whole ?
Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur