[Ansteorra] Settlement Case and Other Legal Issues

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 08:00:53 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Webminister, Ansteorra
<kingdom at webminister.ansteorra.org> wrote:
> It is unfortunate, in my opinion, that SCA chose to drop this bombshell of an announcement on the weekend when Their
> Majesties, Their Highnesses, and the Kingdom Seneschal were away at an event.  Do NOT, in any way, discuss this further
> on this list until they have had Their chance to make a statement to the populace in this forum.  This is an ongoing
> legal case and there are people's lives and well being at stake.  The court systems have very specific laws in place and
> this list will follow those laws and the INTENT of those laws.
>

> William Cameron deBlakstan
> Webminister, Ansteorra

What?  TRM, Sir Modius and Countess Maggie made no such stipulation
when they brought this up at Bryn Gwlad's Candlemas yesterday.

The case is settled, and from what we were told, it is open for
discussion.  The settlement amount is being gathered, but the case
itself has been closed.

If this wasn't something that the populace is allowed to discuss, it
shouldn't have gone out over Ansteorra, Ansteorra Announce, and linked
to on the SCA homepage.
http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlement.html

Helene
--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant