[Ansteorra] Rapier Question

Uillicc uilliacc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:10:23 PST 2012

On 2/5/2012 12:08 PM, Dan Baker wrote:
> I have a question concerning tips for rapier in Ansteorra, I have acquired
> a new blade and it came with darkwood armory tips.  Are those tips legal in
> Ansteorra?  the opening is barely the size of the blade, I don't see how to
> add a steel washer in there.
>
> -Capten Rhys
  Yes, darkwood tips are legal. Make sure they fit tight and are the
right size for the blade.  Many of us fold a thin piece of leather over
the tip of the blade before putting the tips on.  Another way to prevent
blow-through is to put the tip on and wrap the blade several times with
tape just below the base of the plastic tip before finish taping the
tip.  Keep an eye on your tips for signs of failure.

in service,
uillecc