[Ansteorra] Underage Participation In The SCA

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:02:08 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 04:32 PM 2/5/2012, you wrote:
>> So an interesting question would be "How much less in cost and how
>> many fewer regulations would we have if we went adult only?"
>>
>> And, "How much more should we charge for underage participants to
>> cover the costs involved in continuing to serve them?"
>>
>> Or "Is it OK to everyone that we all have to pay more so we can have
>> underage participants?"
>>
>> I understand this will offend a lot of people and i apologize for
>> that but these are the questions faced in the "mundane world" we live
>> in every day by all sorts of organizations.
>>
>> Cionaodh O'Hosey

<snip>

> I think that would be a far more effective way to destroy the SCA than the
> recent lawsuit.
>
>        -Tivar Moondragon

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, I'm just going to have to agree
with Tivar.  Our household routinely had kids at events and if we were
told we could not bring them, we'd probably stop playing to a large
degree. We have three adults in the household that are willing and
able to provide childcare and it would hinder our game to an amazing
degree.  I can't imagine what it would do to those who are not as
fortunate as we are.

In service to country and to the Black Star,
Helene Dalassene

--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant