[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Tue Feb 7 12:08:09 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Ld. Albin Oil De Larrun wrote:

> Banning children from the Sca does not solve the problems of child
> abuse or law suits.

But it does solve the problem of children being abused at SCA events
and the SCA from being sued.

The issue is not wether we want underage participation, but rather
being honest about the costs and how we are going to pay those costs.

People hate the idea of requiring memberships to play, the so called
"pay to play" argument, but it is what is necessary to cover these
costs.

People hate the idea of "non-member charges" at events, but it is
what is necessary to cover these costs.

So what if we could reduce the drive to "pay to play" and "non-member
charges" at events by going adult only?

OR

If maintaining underage participation is a worthy goal then "pay for
play" and higher "non-member charges" may be required.

OR

The costs of serving the underage community and their families should
be put more on to them than it already is.

Cionaodh O'Hosey