[Ansteorra] Underage Participation In The SCA

Bill Toscano liamstliam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:37:42 PST 2012

Honestly, I think if we were to become an all-adult organization, we would
wither and die,

Families with kids would drop out.

Families with kids would not join.

We would not have have the "Raised in the SCA" kids to draw from.

The king of Ealdormere is second-generation.

***--The young lady who has run the only two youth fencing tournaments the
East has ever had (over the last two weekends), is second generation, as is
her sister, who received her AoA-level A&S award last week and made the
cloak for a friend who got her Laurel.

I look around all the kingdoms (one of the best fencers in the Mid is
second-generation, as is one of the top fighters from Lochac is as well)
and I see others.

(And I know there are a fair share in Ansteorra as well (<waves at Maggie>).

In my opinion, no matter the cost, we need to keep youth involved. Without
them, there is no future.

Liam

***-- You probably figured this out, but those two young ladies are my
daughters, Leonete and Tola.