[Ansteorra] activities for children

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 19:20:27 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 8:41 PM, Franchesca Bush wrote:

> Really what I am getting at, is most things are not toddler
> friendly.  I'm
> sure when she is older she would be more capable of handling some of
> the
> tasks we put together for ourselves.  I love the idea of Page school
> for
> example but you would be lucky to get Alexys to waterbear a single
> bottle
> and have it end up in the hands of the right person (or any person at
> all).  Although if you want her to draw on a wall, apparently she
> can take
> that and run with it.  :S

My apologies. I was taking your comments and running with them. I
hadn't realized that you were talking specifically about a toddler.

So, what are the concerns with/about toddlers in the SCA? What
activities can they do? I'll assume that a parent is always within
easy reach.

What is the dividing line between "baby/infant" and "toddler"? I
probably do have some useful info in this Florilegium file on infants,
but it is probably more aimed at keeping them safe at camping events
because many parents are new to camping, much less infants.

babies-msg       (124K) 12/ 1/11  Camping with babies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/babies-msg.html

feedng-tddlrs-msg (10K)  9/28/09  Feeding toddlers at SCA events.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/feedng-tddlrs-msg.html

toddlr-tethrs-msg (14K)  4/29/09  Use of tethers/"leading strings" to
control
                                     toddlers in period and the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/toddlr-tethrs-msg.html

I assume giving permanent markers to toddlers is a bad thing? :-)
They're not period, anyway.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com