[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:19:07 PST 2012

At 10:18 PM 2/7/2012, you wrote:

>On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, donnelshaw at aol.com wrote:
>>That is why today we ask parents to put the child's name on the
>>inside of the back pack or the part next to their body so it can not
>>be read from a distance.
>
>I don't suppose I can suggest the child wearing a tabard of their
>parent's / parents' arms suitably differenced, as long as the parent*
>are displaying the undifferenced arms?  It's visible ID, it doesn't
>reveal the child's name (unless it happens to be "Number Two Son" or
>"Crescent"), and yay! more heraldry!
>
>Dankyn de Lyncoln

We did something like that when our kids were little. They wore a
"Daddy banner"--a small copy of my arms, pinned to their clothes.

It was never needed because we kept a close eye on the kids when they
were real little and taught them to be sensible and responsible as
they got bigger.

When my granddaughter was here for the White Scarf 30th Anniversary a
couple of years ago, she got to wear the Daddy banner, too.

         -Tivar Moondragon