[Ansteorra] "And so we have gotten our lesson, and we ought to receive it with gratitude."*

Peter Schorn peterschorn at PDQ.NET
Wed Feb 8 13:55:54 PST 2012

Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Lawsuit, Children, Liability

>M'lady, you don't know me.? You never even heard of me.?

"M'lady" doesn't need to.
She's talking about the policies of the SCA, Inc.
Not about you.
It's not always about *you*, you know.

>You painted me and the entire Society with a very broad brush.
>I was nowhere near that incident or any other similar incident
>I knew nothing of the incident until it was brought to my attention last Saturday.
>I never even heard of these people
>Yet you were quite willing to paint me in the same color as a child molester.
>That's my good name.
>You were quite willing to drag?my good name?through the mud even though I had nothing to do with it.

Again, this is NOT about YOU.
She's talking about how the bad things happened and how we can prevent them from happening again.
And since you decided to join this group, and will share in its future fortunes,
good and bad, I would think you'd treat such information like the gold it is.
And you wouldn't demand that she ask you to take it, "pretty-please."

>When you accuse the Society,

That's exactly what she's doing.

>you're not just accusing this group.

How's NASA these days, Rocket Scientist?

>You are accusing every member, every individual who was involved in the operations,
>every individual who went to an event, regardless of whether or not they were there
>or if they had any ability to do anything at all.

That's about the size of it, Dr. von Braun.

>That includes me because I'm a member.? I care about my good name.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT *YOU*

It is about innocent children who were hurt by a child molester because
the grownups who were suppoosed to protect them were derelict
in that duty.  Beside this, your fulsome concern for your "good name' is
petty and ridiculous.

>You know who else cares about my good name?? Uncle Sam.? I work for Him.?

So do I

>He cares very much about my good name; so much so?that
>He's willing to bring about an internal investigation if
>there's so much as a hint of impropriety.?

Oh...oh dear Jesus, Mary and all the Saints...

Do you actually know what "Advo"--"Adverse Information" is?

If not, go contact your FSO.

Hint, Dr. Goddard: This is not it.  NOT. IT.

>It could get me fired...or worse...

I have held Secret clearances on three seperate programs, including Missile Defense.
I held a personal reliablity pass allowing me access to the Shuttle and the astronauts
when I worked in Mission Control
Never--never ONCE--has my membership in the SCA gotten me any trouble or questions
or in fact any mention in my record.
So that should make you feel better.  Or at least stop your bloody whining.

>and you just sullied my good name without even knowing who I was,
>where I was, what I knew?or what I was doing....

Actually, you've done more damage to your "good name" by your continued
insistence on it in the face of far larger and more important matters.
And by the whining.  We mustn't forget about that (not that you'd
ever do the kindness of allowing us to)

>...up to now.

I am really getting tired of telling you things your parents should have.
But one more time: This is not about you.

>I do care about children.? Really, I do.? However,
>I really didn't need or deserve?this.?

Neither did the kids who got molested.
You ever think of them?  Huh?
Does that form any part of your "caring?"

>Thanks for nothing.? :-P? I don't expect any favors.

Good, because if you keep acting that way, you won't get any.
(":-P ?"  What are you, twelve?  How did you get hired by the IRS?)

>However, I do expect some respect, regardless of what you might
>think of me, even though you never met me.

I never met you. I do have what you have said publicly,
with such thought and
deliberation as you apprently can muster.
Based on that, I really don't respect you at all.
Nor can I see how anyone else should, if
you keep that attitude.

>Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)
>Plain ol' herald (and tax man.)

No, Rick, we know from the old days at the squat, we'd know you ANYWHERE.

--Cadfan "Vyvyan" ap Morgan

*Kipling.  From one of his poems about the Boer War.  In that poem, as
well as most of his other works arising from that conflict, Kipling
has one overriding message for his fellow Englishmen, which may be
summarized as:

"Stop being such bleeding whiney old beardos and grow up."

Kipling's relevance to our time is sadly underrated.