[Ansteorra] The SCA v. furry fandom

Peter Schorn peterschorn at PDQ.NET
Wed Feb 8 16:29:03 PST 2012

   Are we worse than furry fans now?

   That's not sarcasm (a thing which, I am duly informed, is never to be
   practiced in this forum).  It is a quite serious question.

   Are we worse than a fandom known for its advocacy of bestiality, its
   flirtation with kiddie porn, and its wholehearted embrace, in image and
   practice, of fetishes that excite widespread disgust and derision?

   Because so far as I know, no chldren have ever been molested at a furry
   convention.

   (I used to cringe at those fox-tails Wolfstar wears: I was afraid
   someone would mistake us for furry fans.  Now we all may be wearing
   them.   For cover.)

   -Cadfan, who now knows better than to look up a dead friend's friends.