[Ansteorra] iso european dancers ??

Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa princess at coronet.ansteorra.org
Tue Feb 14 15:49:47 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Sweet, Debby
<deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu>wrote:

> So there's a coronation that is coming up soon. Maybe the dancers/dance
> instructors can arrange some quality time at said event. And coronations
> would provide the dance community 2 events a year with dancing (possibly
> with live musicians as well instead of the bard in a box). Anyway, some
> wishful thinking here.

Hello everyone,

Our Coronation will actually be Middle Eastern themed so European dance
wouldn't be appropriate for the actual Coronation / evening portion of the
event (more information coming very soon on that; we are very excited at
how the plans are developing & think you will too!). I hesitate to say it
could be arranged during the day as our King's Champion tournament will be
during that time not to mention stepping down court & more. Something might
be able to be arranged if someone is really interested in organizing
something for the upcoming event; if so please contact me offlist.

Coronations might not seem like a busy event to some in the populace but
believe me there is a LOT going on. I also would like to mention that it is
a BIG day (very much like a wedding; sort of getting married to the
Kingdom) for both the stepping up AND stepping down Crowns and events that
take place during those days really are at the whim of said Crowns. I know
many Crowns are fond of dance so please don't think I'm saying it won't
happen; rather I am saying you should be sure to ask if it is something
said Crowns would like & not make plans before speaking to them about it.
Some, like us already have a very definite plan for the activities and
entertainment. ;D

Perhaps the dance communities could work together to create a dance
oriented event? i wouldn't even mind teaching at said event myself. Middle
Eastern though of course. ;D

Princess Elizabeta