[Ansteorra] iso european dancers ??

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:16:45 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Randy Shipp <randyshipp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I wasn't clear.  I was still talking about the concern a
> couple of folks had expressed about the dancing only being for "late
> period" types.  I just meant it would be OK for 14th century types to
> dance a 16th century dance if it gets people going while we worry
> about finding more period-appropriate dances for the earlier folks.

Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure how many people are concerned that the dances
are later than their persona. We mix time periods in almost everything
we do. If the Vikings don't have a problem doing an early 20th century
Ukrainian folk dance, I'm not sure why they would have a problem doing
a sixteenth century Italian. :-)

--Perronnelle

--
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but
I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.  --