[Ansteorra] Bjornsborg Academy of Defense

Suzanne hsetrinity at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 18:58:27 PST 2012

Thank you to the many good gentles that joined us yesterday at Bjornsborg's Fifth Academy of Defense. Philippe and I were honored not only to host Their Stellar Majesties, but  \elated to have Her HIghness join us, as well.

For those of you who have not heard, Bjornsborg's Pride has grown by one more Lion of Ansteorra, Defender of the Dream.... Master Iago Cabrera de Cadiz.

Over 40 combatants vied for the approval of the Masters of the Academy, who presided over their students with aplomb, and the hostesses of the respective schools made all feel welcome, comfortable, and well-fed.  Our heartfelt thanks to:
The Spanish Master, Don Mateo Montero de Madrid, and his hostess, Mistress Lucia Piazetta
The German Master, Don Robin of Gilwell, and his hostess HL Alexandra Doyle
The Italian Master, Don Corvin Fenarro, and his hostess Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici, and
The English Master, Don Caelan MacRob, and his hostess (and cheerleader) Mistress Debora of Durham.

Our luncheon was created and served by the Viking Longship Crew, aided by the ever-thoughtful Mistress Seraphina Moslovska, who donated their $800 of costs and profit to the Kingdom fund, to help replenish the recent loss due to the SCA's unfortunate financial crisis.

A special thanks to Mistress Radegund of Tours, Lady Elisabeth Graham and Lord Donal Graham, who created a hospitality area and worked tirelessly to ensure that all were well-fed and warm.

Congratulations to our Provosts, who received beautiful medallions created by Lord Michael Snowden, and extremely-coveted rapier pins fashioned by Master Godwyn Alfricson, with the help of Mistress Ameline du Bois, (who created the glass beads for the pins).

Solia Corsali
Isaac von Basel
Allesandro Andretti
Rene Damours
Christiana Ivarsdottir
Wilhemina Roth de Cerrada
John Drake
and
Robert Michael McPharlan

And finally, we would like to thank Don Pieter Rausch, the Dean of the Academy, Event Steward, and Master of Ceremonies, who overcame adverse conditions with the perfect solution, and handled it all with grace, Piet - thank you for allowing us to share in your dream. We are very lucky to have such people in our Barony, and in our Kingdom.

For those of you were unable to join us, we hope to see you all soon. (Gulf War, anyone?)

Philippe and Suzanne
6th Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg