[Ansteorra] SCA Financial Assistance (Cross Posted by Request)

David Backlin thledrei at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:04:16 PST 2012

Cross posted by request.

Please respond directly toballyclogh at gmail.com with any questions:

--

Submitted to SCA Today (Pending editorial approval). Cross post, please.

Fair and wondrous greetings unto all Houses, Clans, and Confederations
in the Known World from the great Clan Marshin Fayne,

For many years we have enjoyed many aspects of this great hobby, the
Dream as it has been called, and we have grown with it as the Society as
a whole has grown...as local shires, baronies, and Kingdoms wax and
wane. Many of us have seen our houses, some older than many official
groups, become integral parts of our Society...our individualities
adding to the greatness of the Ages which we represent. We all have many
aspects and varied aspirations. Some of us raise arms and make battle
upon fields of honour in many lands far and wide, while others imbue the
knowledge and beauty of the Ages which we represent to those that seek
such learning, and others still serve in order to keep the Dream alive
through its administration. Other houses and Clans make revelry for the
enjoyment of every gentle at varied events and Wars. We are all players
in this that is the SCA, fine threads of a vast pattern that makes the
very tapestry of our Society.

Our Society has been pummeled by a great and dark storm the likes of
which it has never faced. Due to the legal tumult that has gripped it
and the ramifications it has been bound to, every Kingdom and group that
comprise them is held to a responsibility of sharing the financial
burden that the Society faces. Some groups will weather the Storm well
while others may break apart in the shallows and although the financial
burden which they face might be recovered such an occurance is for many
as fleeting as a waking dream.

We who comprise the many Houses, Clans, and Confederations that partake
of the Dream should meet the tempest which official groups face with
Compassion and assistance wherever possible. If we can give of our time
at events donating dayboard to groups that might not be able to afford
it when the gale forces them into the reef, hosting a fundraiser to help
alleviate the burdens which face them all, or simply donating from our
collected coffers, the hardships might be made easier to bear.

We in Clan Marshin Fayne, with members across the Known World, offer a
challenge to every house, clan, and confederation to give of yourselves
to assist your local groups and Kingdoms. We will start this challenge
by providing financial assistance from donations by our members and
shall continue in fundraisers and service so that the threatening
upheaval will be lessened. We challenge all of you to do the same in
whatever way you can. This is a trying time for us all and, by helping
our fellow brethren members and partakers of the Dream, the storm can
break to a dazzling sunrise and a bright future for everyone in the Society.

In Service to all,

Roibeard mhic Neill mac Gille Eoin,

-Chief, Clan Marshin Fayne
ballyclogh at gmail.com