[Ansteorra] Who are the individuals who sued the SCA?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 5 14:25:48 PST 2012

On Feb 5, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Sir Lyonel wrote:
> Salut cozyns,
>
> In addition to the points Herr Detlef makes, Stefan, do you realize
> that you've essentially damned every parent who was ever so
> unfortunate as to have had a child molested, abused, or harmed in
> any way? Do you honestly believe that parental due diligence can
> prevent child abuse? Short of keeping them locked in a tower until
> they're 18, parents cannot be 100% certain of a child's safety 100%
> of the time.

That is part of my point. You have no guarantee of preventing bad
things from happening. You can only do your best to make sure they
don't. But blaming other people or groups, for something you have the
primary responsibility for, doesn't help anyone either.

> You're mad at the wrong people, cozyn.  The SCA has been sinking
> money into insurance all these years to offset precisely this sort
> of unfortunate event. If you want to demand names and seek
> retribution, demand the name of the scumbag insurance companies who
> are refusing to shoulder their portion of this financial burden.

The names of both insurance companies are available and known. One
paid up. The other hasn't.

> And let's all practice a bit of chivalry toward these kids and their
> parents. They've been through enough.

I have plenty of compassion for the kids. I would have some for the
parents, if they had tried to solve the problem or keep it from
happening to someone else, instead of waiting five? years and then
trying to destroy the Society. As to the real culprit, he got off
pretty easy. See some of the medieval punishments detailed in the
Florilegium punishments-msg file for more appropriate solutions.

> En Lyonel

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com