[Ansteorra] Additional Settlement Information

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 19:27:12 PST 2012

Fundraising possibilities are being suggested and looked in to on
multiple kingdom lists, including Drachenvald and Lochac who weren't
part of the suit. Some kingdoms are apparently in much worse shape vis-
a-vis how much of the kingdom's and local group monies are in their
kingdom accounts and thus readily accessible, than Ansteorra. Some
kingdoms don't have as much cash on hand, and are having trouble
working things so that their smaller groups still have enough money to
put on events.

Regardless of how much money comes from the kingdom or local group
accounts, all kingdoms look like they will be short of funds for the
forseeable future. So while the money is needed so quickly that
fundraising will do little to help SCA Inc immediately, it will help
rebuild the kingdom and SCA accounts.

Thus the push for various fundraising activities, from taking
individual donations to folks paying additional SCA Inc. dues for
several years in advance.

For some fundraising activities that have proved useful for various
groups in the SCA over the years, see this file:
fundraising-msg   (60K)  2/ 3/12  Fundraising ideas for SCA groups.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/fundraising-msg.html

Here is one that was done recently and it apparently went over quite
well.
GA-lunch-auct-msg (29K) 11/14/10  "Buy a Peer, buy a lunch!" - A lunch
auction
                                     fundraiser at the Gleann Ahbann
5th Year.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/GA-lunch-auct-msg.html

Are there any Ansteorra Peers who would be willing to auction some of
their time or their art off to help put our Society (or kingdom)
finances back in order? See this file for a number of interesting
donations, if you need some ideas.

Please think about it. I think the Ansteorran Peers can do at least as
well as those of Gleann Ahbann, a much younger kingdom.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris