[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Ld. Albin Oil De Larrun albin_oil_de_larrun at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 10:37:00 PST 2012

My 2 cents worth..

Banning children from the Sca does not solve the problems of child abuse or law suits.. A sad fact of our world is children are preyed upon.. Whether at a group event, or church, or school, or even at home... Our jobs as parents is to protect them as best we can, but that isn't always enough.

Sadly the Sca being sued was inevitable. It could have just as easily been for someone drinking too much, and running over a member in a parking lot.. Would we ban drinks at all events because of one drunk driver ? Doubtful..

So while what happened is terrible, unless this became an issue where hundreds of kids across the Sca were being attacked, I don't see why anyone would not want kids ( our future players) to take part in the Sca.

Ld. Albin Oil de Larrun