[Ansteorra] Lawsuit, Children, Liability

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Tue Feb 7 16:47:28 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 5:35 PM, Rose wrote:

> Working to punish children in the future for an issue that was
> corrected in the past is even more stupid.

It is not punishing children to say we as the SCA don't have a
culture that is capable of protecting them and so for their safety
they should not be allowed to participate. In fact given all that you
have just said about how the SCA has failed to act properly to
protect children at events in a bunch of different cases actually
proves my point. Only time will tell if the issues have been
corrected. Saying we need to do more means we need to spend more cash
and or even more volunteer hours, who pays for that, who does that?
The Boy Scouts is established with a huge administrative staff to
deal properly with the safety of children, we don't have that
administrative staff or the means to build one. IF we do build one
who should pay the costs, and if after paying those costs and doing
the extra work required, will they still be able to afford to play?

Cionaodh O'Hosey