[Ansteorra] Children in the SCA

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:57:20 PST 2012

At 02:08 PM 2/7/2012, Cionaodh O'Hosey wrote:

>On Feb 7, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Ld. Albin Oil De Larrun wrote:
>
>>Banning children from the Sca does not solve the problems of child
>>abuse or law suits.
>
>But it does solve the problem of children being abused at SCA events
>and the SCA from being sued.

Yes, I suppose it would. While we're at it, we can ban fighting to
make sure nobody ever gets hurt, and ban dancing for the same reason.
We can require that all feasts be done by professional caterers to
avoid food poisoning problems or injuries to SCA members working in
the kitchen.

But the thing that's killed more SCA members than anything else is
driving to and from events. If we simply stop having events and do
everything via email or on Second Life or World of Warcraft, then
*none* of these problems would exist.

Oh, wait... then we'd have to worry about increased obesity and folks
getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

         -Tivar Moondragon