[Ansteorra] activities for children

Alexandra Shahan acshahan at att.net
Tue Feb 7 18:42:00 PST 2012

MOCs need all the help, love, support and extra hands they can get. Two deep is a good rule for supervision but hands on is what is needed, lots of them. So, if you have an instance where you would just LOVE to reunite a little darling with their parental unit there might be an extra hand to handle that particular task.

As stated, background checks are not expensive (and it doesn't matter if you already had one at church/scouts/PTA) they must be run through corporate to count. However, getting them back can take a little while or a long while. Patience and persistence. BUT, you don't have to have a background check the help the MOC!!!!!

Take turns with another mom - you take all our kiddos to the kids acitvities then I'll spell you the same for a couple of hours too. Win win for all.

As for acitivities - don't forget about Boffer!!! age 6 and up! It's fun!

(But WE don't have a youth marshall in our area/barony/canton/group...... and just how do you think I got to be the youth marshall of the Steppes????)

as for banning kids, don't get worked up about it. It would be like trying to put genie back in the bottle.....

Alexandra Notte Clare
Youth Marshal Steppes
Mom/master seargent to 3 boys.....