[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 7 22:35:59 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 11:19 PM, Benjamin Berry wrote:

> another thought is that any Army surplus will make custom tags
> cheaply. have them put mommy and daddy's Cell numbers on the
> tag...with SCA names or mundane if you want. Little one can have it
> in a pocket, tied on the belt, or on a leather cord under garb. They
> are very hard to read from a distance but very clear when needed.
>
> just my two cents....take it as you will.

I think that this is a wonderful resource, but I'm not sure how I
would find such a store. Academy Surplus used to be an army surplus
store, but they are more of a sporting goods store now.

I don't have any children myself, but I have some fleece jackets that
I periodically leave somewhere.:-(  And from the listings of lost and
found from SCA events, it sounds like a lot of SCA folk could use
something like this to mark various pieces of garb.

Even us sewing challenged should be able to sew such tags into our
clothing.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com