[Ansteorra] "And so we have gotten our lesson, and we ought to receive it with gratitude."*

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:17:57 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Peter Schorn <peterschorn at pdq.net> wrote:

> I have held Secret clearances on three seperate programs, including Missile Defense.
> I held a personal reliablity pass allowing me access to the Shuttle and the astronauts
> when I worked in Mission Control
> Never--never ONCE--has my membership in the SCA gotten me any trouble or questions
> or in fact any mention in my record.
> So that should make you feel better.  Or at least stop your bloody whining.
>
> --Cadfan "Vyvyan" ap Morgan

Just so you know, during a recent periodic reinvestigation for
renewal, my husband's SCA membership did, in fact, come up.  He was
asked to provide people who knew him under the "alias" he's known by
in the SCA.  Was it an issue?  Well, sort of, especially when one of
the references told the investigating officer that he had no idea who
this "John" was and promptly hung up on said officer.

I'm pretty sure it'll come up during my periodic review, too.

Just sayin'.

In service to country and the Black Star I remain,
Helene Dalassene

--
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant