[Ansteorra] Child ID Tags

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 8 18:46:40 PST 2012

> From: Cait O'Hara <moc at seneschal.ansteorra.org>
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Child ID Tags
> To: "Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain" <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org>,
> "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
> Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 9:29 AM
>

> One thing that Gulf Wars does is to put wrist bands out at troll.They
> offer the bands for each parent to put on their child if they wish. It
> has a place to put the parent's name, number and where they are
> camping.
>
> Cait

I think that this should be made a requirement, not just be made
available. Again, one of the reasons is to show that the SCA is making
efforts to safeguard the child, as well as, I think, these bands being
useful.

How do you get all that info onto a wrist band though? Or are these
wider than the half-inch wide band I am imagining?

If these were removable, and thus re-useable, would we have problems
with children taking them off and losing them (or swapping them?) or
do they need to be the type that you can't easily remove without
destroying them?

Thanks,
   Stefan

(And yes, I am saving many of these messages on child Id tags to go
into the child-tags-msg file, for future reference for SCA officers,
parents and others who might later be interested in implementing these
as policy.)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris