[Ansteorra] Children in the Sca

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Feb 9 09:43:10 PST 2012

I was in charge of training for one of the largest Boy Scout councils in the
US when they began their Youth Protection programs. Since we were close to
the national offices, we were a beta tester of the policies. Background
checks did not make any significant difference. What did work? Best was
two-deep leadership. That protects the adults from false accusations as well
as protecting the children. This is the absolute best action with regard to
results. Second best is training the adult leaders, parents, and children
(with age appropriate training) how to recognize and protect against abuse.

In Service,
Caelin on Andrede