[Ansteorra] The original complaint filed.

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:17:07 PST 2012

At 12:23 PM 2/9/2012, Caelin on Andrede wrote:

>One thing I've noticed is a tendency to say we have been negligent because
>we did not do everything the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc. have done to
>protect children. Please note these are groups whose central purpose is
>providing activities and structures for youth. Adults are only present in
>the role of leaders and helpers. The SCA is not such a group. We are an
>adult group that has become family friendly as our members grew into having
>families.

Say what? I've been in the SCA for 36 years. There were kids at my
first event, and there have been kids in this part of the SCA ever
since. If you read descriptions of the First Tournament, there were
kids there, too.

Granted, there are probably more kids around these days, but claiming
that we were an adult group that only recently started having kids is absurd.

         -Tivar Moondragon