[Ansteorra] The original complaint filed.

Cionaodh O'Hosey CionaodhOHosey at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 17:23:41 PST 2012

My intention has never been an adult only SCA, but rather to be
honest about the expense and manpower requirements required to be a
"family friendly" SCA. I know such talks are never popular with "I
want it all for nothing" types but is necessary for our survival. I
have been trying to express the fact that transferring the costs
involved in serving non-underage participants to the adult
participants can become a barrier to some of those adults playing.

For instance what would people say if it was pointed out that $3.00
of every event fee was to pay for the expenses involved with having
underage participants. (at $3.00 a head times 20,000 people attending
in one year we can pay off just our share of the settlement, not to
mention all the other costs involved)

For instance is it true the Kingdom pays for part of the background
checks? How much is that running every year? How is that money
raised, oh yes, from all of us.

 From a local group level the MoC position is always the hardest to
fill, it is the most demanding job we have in a lot of ways and gets
harder every day, what do we do if we can't fill that position any more?

The Idea of adult only events is interesting and sounds fun but does
not reduce the costs in money or manpower required to serve underage
participants.

Cionaodh O'Hosey