[Ansteorra] Fw: Affecting my game...

Lucais du Belier lucaisdubelier at pcsok.com
Fri Feb 10 13:30:57 PST 2012

I remember when His Grace Duke Inman addressed the populace at one
Wiesenfeuer Yule Revel, just before Gulf War III. He expressed his dislike
of the phrase "Death to Trimaris" and reminded everyone that these are our
friends, and he hoped we treated them with dignity appropriate to this great
war competition.  He also felt the phrase did nothing to praise the virtue,
skill and prowess of our fighting warriors.  He preferred "Victory over
Trimaris" as a war chant in that it challenged us to be our best and
reflected on our skill and success, rather than focus on our enemies failure
demise.  He felt there was no honor in celebrating their failure.

Duke Inman was one of the Kings that helped start Gulf Wars and saw it as a
magnificent competition between friends, and testing our merit, rather than
a battle between enemies.  I've always respected that guidance and whenever
a herald or fighter rallies a crowd with "Death to Trimaris"  I've always
replied "Victory over Trimaris", and I haven't missed a Gulf War since.

Lucais