[Ansteorra] Volunteers Needed

Cait O'Hara moc at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Sat Feb 11 07:32:09 PST 2012

Forwarded by request from the Gulf Wars List:

   Greetings and Salutations,

   This email is being sent out to all of those wonderful individuals who
   might want to volunteer for one or more shifts at the Exchequer's
   Office during GW 21. With just a few weeks till war we are getting
   nervous. ;)
   For those who don't know me, I am Baroness Genevieve McCullum de Caen,
   this year's Gulf War's Deputy Exchequer. I am coordinating the
   schedule. As I cannot possibly remember everyone's preference about
   his or her email account being publicly available, I will be using the
   BCC option for all future communications among volunteers.

   The current schedule for this year's Gulf War is still mostly blank.
   Many shifts are still available, so please let me know which shifts
   you prefer as I know several of you have a specific preference as to
   when you would like to volunteer.

   Each shift should have a shift lead and two exchequers and a cashier.
   This email is to flesh out the exchequers. I will be sending out a
   separate email to coordinate the shift leads.

   The basic outline for shifts are as follows:
   Saturday 12 March: 0800, 1000, 1400, 1800
   Sunday 14 March: 0800, 1000, 1400, 1800, 2359
   Monday through Friday: 0600, 1000, 1400, 1800, 2359
   Saturday 20 March: 0600, 1000, 1400 (Close)

   [Ok, for those not familiar with military time substitute for 6:00 a.m.,
   8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., 11:59 p.m. (midnight)]

   This is the similar format to last year's schedule. However we are
   trying 4 hour shifts during the day, and we are keeping 6 hour shifts
   at night. Please let me know which shifts you are willing to work. I
   will work to see that everyone gets their choice, but there will be
   times when I won't need five individuals during the same shift.
   Likewise I may send out another call to help fill in some gaps that
   may exist. If you have any additional constraints or requests, please
   let me know what they are.

   If you would, please respond back with your contact information of:
   Mundane Name;
   SCA Name;
   Group Camping with
   Cell Phone #
   Current Position(s) or offices:
   What positions you are interested in:
   email:

   Like last year, This information will not be shared outside of the War
   Exchequer, Shift Leads and Head troll.

   As you may or may not know from last year, a exchequer troll shift is
   one to four hours, although with the reduction of day cashier shifts
   to four hours the counts will be smaller and quicker. Please be
   prepared to arrive at five points trailer 15 minutes before shift. The
   work included is to count in the new troll/cash registers; count out
   the former troll/cash registers, verify the cash count against the
   receipts; and to count the various kingdom attendances. The shifts
   earlier in the week tend to be longer then the shifts at the end of
   the week. Additionally, I know that part of the SCA is to train and
   raise the next group. If you know of an exchequer in your kingdom, who
   will be at Gulf wars and you can vouch for, encourage them to work a
   shift.

   Similarly cashiers will need to report to the five points trailer, and
   will be escorted to troll.

   As you consider shifts to work, please remember to have fun at War! If
   necessary please refer to the Gulf Wars Website
   (http://www.gulfwars.org) to see what activities you would want to
   attend.

   Please let me know if you have any questions. I am using this email
   address Exchequer at gulfwars.org <mailto:Exchequer%40gulfwars.org> or
monaleekr at gmail to coordinate the
   Gulf War Exchequer's schedule. I am also reachable by my cell
   (281-203-7564) please no calls after 9p.m.
   Central Standard Time.

   Yours in Service,
   Baroness Genevieve McCullum de Caen
   GW Deputy Exchequer