[Ansteorra] Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

Cameron Lewis okrabbit at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 05:03:00 PST 2012

TO ALL archers Sir Cassius Lepus Baron of Wiesenfeuer sends greetings:

Adding a combat portion to the kings archer will reinforce why you would get
to stand behind the thrones.  You will be able to stand beside the king and
queen on the field and defend them.  As an archer and combat archer I see
this as a progression that combat archery is MORE accepted on the melee
field so it is encouraged for the royal huntsman to be able to fulfill this
duty.  I have only shot one time in the Royal Huntsman Tourney, and did very
poorly, although it set alight the fire in me to keep shooting and to take
what I learned from target archery to the melee field.  You will ALWAYS find
me with a  crossbow on the field if archery is allowed.  Many have seen that
archery is the scenario winner and that is why they are so object to it.  I
will always help anyone that wishes to get into combat archery to get them
on the field.

If you are not inclined to shoot combat archery you can always shoot in the
Wiesenfeuer Baronial Archery Championship held at Wiesenfeuer Baronial.

You wont be ushered away to a far away field you will shoot archery on
Saturday morning in the middle of the list field where everyone is there to
watch you.  You will test your skill in shorter ranges as well as more
challenging targets.

Look for a schedule to be out soon.

Sir Cassius Lepus, Baron of Wiesenfeuer