[Ansteorra] Royal Huntsman - Special Tourney Rules***

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:56:26 PST 2012

At 04:31 PM 2/14/2012, you wrote:
>Thank you for the description of what sounds like an interesting
>archery shoot.
>
>I have multiple stories of similar shoots being done elsewhere, but
>I've never heard of one like this being done in Ansteorra. These
>shoots along a trail, with 3D animal figures or other targets, do take
>up a lot of room and you have to make sure that the areas behind the
>targets are clear of unintended targets, such as other people, which
>complicates setting up such a shoot.  I would love to participate in
>such a competition, though.

Arguably, if you were to use combat arrows, instead of target points,
your 3-D targets could be fighters in armor, or even fighters
pretending to be wildlife.

I think  I've still go the mastodon ears and trunk that attach to my
fencing mask that I once used for a similar event twenty-some years
ago, as well as the bear hood that I used a few years ago for a
bear-baiting at Bryn Gwlad Baronial. For that matter, five or ten
years ago, the archery competition at BG Baronial *was* shooting at
various "animals" in armor.

         -Tivar Moondragon