[Ansteorra] iso european dancers ??

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 04:05:50 PST 2012

At 10:08 PM 2/14/2012, AS Zorzi wrote:

(snip)

>I will also contest the music for dances (in use by the SCA) are not
>interchangeable. Having seen many of the dances and danced a few of
>them myself, I do not find that they are that tied to the music.

Many years ago, the folks in Bryn Gwlad (which, I think, was still
being called Paiscumbre at that point, to give you an idea of how
long ago it was) were doing a demo at UT. Afterwards, some of them
went to the Cactus Cafe for a bit of post-revel. At one point,
someone noticed that the music being played was suitable for dancing
the Mannschaft Pavane. So they did.

         -Tivar Moondragon