[Ansteorra] buying recorders (was: iso dance)

ledonna mcgowan ledmcgowan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:42:46 PST 2012

The small recorder that most people play in grade school is the soprano.
It is usually the cheapest.  The question was what would be a good
instrument to buy and learn if it's just you and a person singing.

I would have to say the alto recorder would be better for most voice
types.  Even if the person has a high range (can sing really high sounding
notes).  The smaller the instrument the more shrill the sound is.  I would
rather sing with an alto or tenor recorder myself.

Delphina