[Ansteorra] Fw: [SCA-Chirurgeon] Rethinking the hydration paradigm

Renee Pitcock elwenaduialloth at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 11:36:38 PST 2012

The sugar issue, however, can contribute to the hydration issue as well, rather than being a separate nutrition issue.  That was my original point.  As far as sugars being excreted in urine, I have heard of it happening, often (but not always) as a symptom of an infection or disorder in the excretory system.  Not fun.  While fructose can be used in the formation of glycogen, it is much less efficient, since the fructose must first be convert in glucose and then into glucose-1-phosphate and thence to glycogen, whereas glucose can be turned into glucose-1-phosphate and thence to glycogen with less energy expenditure.

~Morina O'Donovan