[Ansteorra] Big change for Pennsic

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Jan 8 00:05:36 PST 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> There are fish in the trees, and birds in the ocean.

A fact well-known to those learned in natural philosophy, who know
that each beast of the land has one corresponding in the sea, as the
sea-adder, the sea-fox, the sea-urchin alias the sea-bear, the
sea-bat, the sea-cow and her mate the sea-bull, the sea-calf (called
also the sea-l), the sea-cat, and many more.

As for the East and the Middle being allies, I find this written:
<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.org.sca/msg/387e57c253713eb1>

"Just to correct a persistent bit of SCA mythology ...  . The original
excuse for Pennsic was not that the East and the Middle were fighting
over Pittsburgh--the Barony Marche of the debatable lands didn't exist
at the time. The original excuse was that we were fighting over whose
banner would go first when we invaded the West.

"David/Cariadoc"

So perhaps they have merely combined to put down the pretensions of
younger kingdoms of less precedence, or perhaps have set their plans
to invade the West.

Dankyn de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com