[Ansteorra] Clothing painting question

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:39:24 PST 2012

When I paint fabric I use any old acrylic paint mixed with fabric
painting medium. It doesn't like to be stretched (most of my work
thusfar has been on baby onesies, hence the stretching) and tends to
crack a little along the lines of knit fabric when it is stretched.
Totally holds up to repeated laundering though and I imagine it would
work great on woven fabrics. The one good thing about this method is
plain acrylic paint is cheap, and this way you can get any color you
can imagine.

I would do the fills using the above mixture, and then run around the
edges with conventional fabric paint in those little squeezy
pointy-tipped applicators to clean up the edges. It will look like dye
and gutta when you're done.

~Eve