[Ansteorra] Free classroom spaces

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 20:08:48 PST 2012

On Jan 17, 2012, at 5:28 PM, Hillary Greenslade wrote:

> I think Bryn Gwlad used community rooms at a utility water treatment
> plant.

We used it for meetings during Sunday afternoon fighter practices.
Lots of nice space outside and several rooms inside. Particularly nice
during the summer months.  Unfortunately, after Sept. 11, 2001, the
city decide maybe it wasn't a good idea to allow outside groups near
water or sewage  treatment plants. :-(

> Libraries are also great as was mentioned, but budget cuts caused
> Houston Librs to shut down at 8pm depending on time of year, making
> it difficult to host weekday meetings, generally from 7-9pm.

We used to meet in the big downtown Austin Public Library, but we
started getting bumped at the last minute for City Council meetings
and such. We now meet at a branch library, which has worked out well
if you get in and register early enough.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris